Are you looking to sharpen your skills in business development while learning more about the exciting marine energy industry? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Intern. In this position you will support our innovation and market development teams allowing you to act on the interface between technology and business.
Your projects will be covering the entire chain of market research through analysis all the way towards developing recommendations and strategies based on the outcomes of your analysis. You will be focusing on companies from the entire offshore renewable energy ecosystem including established sectors such as offshore wind as well as the highly innovative marine renewable energy sector.
Who we are
Dutch Marine Energy Centre (DMEC) is all about energy from water. We strengthen and accelerate the sector by focusing on our 4 pillars: Innovation, Capital, Markets and Policy. Over the past three years our team has grown to 16 people from various parts of Europe. We share a common vision and that is "to make Marine Energy the next big thing in Energy".
Do you have
- An analytical approach to data collection, assessments and benchmarking;
- Ideally a business (-engineering) background;
- Interest in offshore technologies.
- A dynamic, internationally operating and growing organization and sector;
- Learn about exciting new technologies, such as tidal energy, wave energy, offshore floating solar and more;
- Opportunity for self-initiative and creativity;
- Get insights into development of strategies and analyses based on market insights;
- A fun, friendly and hard-working team that likes to share information about everything and nothing and is open to your ideas;
- A place in the front row to see new renewable energy technologies reach commercialisation;
- A work environment with sea view in Scheveningen.
What to expect
At DMEC we are a team of young and enthusiastic professionals with diverse backgrounds and expertises. You could have a meeting with a scientist, coffee with a policy expert, play pingpong with a market analyst and then have lunch with all of them while chatting about travelling, space flight, sailing, cycling, climbing or your pilot licence all in one working day.
Duration: 3-6 months
Sounds like a match? Please get in touch and send your cv and motivation letter to Daphne Linzell. We’d love to learn more about you before 1st December 2022.